©2005-2013 QuikManeuvers. All Rights Reserved.
German Army vs. Soviet Partisans on the Eastern Front
German Army vs. Soviet Partisans
.
US
25
only $
German Defensive Methods - Soviet General Staff Document
German Defensive Methods
Soviet General Staff Document
© 2012
155 pages; 13 chapters
In 1941, the Soviet General Staff did a rushed study entitled German Defensive
Methods
. Communist spies inside the German General Staff had made a mistake about
German Defensive Methods in 1941 because the Germans were not using the elastic
defense, which Soviet spies and saboteurs, at the highest levels of the Wehrmacht
command echelons, had previously claimed. The Soviets were so used to getting
completely accurate advanced information on literally every step planned by their German
enemies, which also involved high level sabotage, that they demanded total extreme
accuracy at all times. Certainly
German Defensive Methods in 1941 were tactics of the
strongpoint defense, not the elastic defense, so Stavka demanded precise revision that
totally clarified the situation.
German Defensive Methods in 1941 as obtained from
Soviet “Great Patriotic War” archives, occupies 66% of this e-book. The other 34% is a
description of
German strongpoint defense after 1941 by QuikManeuvers.com’s chief
editor.
Review Table of Contents
“During the battle for Lithuania in October 1944, the German defense based on fortified inhabited localities did not
actually stop or even delay the Russians for long, but it achieved a certain continuity in the defense and checked the
enemy advance by causing many delays and inflicting casualties. Since no new reserves could be formed or provided by
army group, a number of service schools and headquarters units, all available trains and supply troops, as well as all
other auxiliary units, had to be employed in the defense. Rather than being a true strong point defense, the shattered but
lethal German strong point defense in 1944-45 was an improvisation caused by deficits of means.”
Excerpt from German Defensive Methods
.
US
15
only $
other books about German Army

other books about Combat Military Leadership

other books about World War 2
WW2
LED
GER
German Defensive Methods - Soviet General Staff Document